Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Magdaleno M. Rose-Avila, his book and more...

First of all, before a rush of the gratitudes for JOH...

I decided to make one of the most gifted JOH supporters and amazingly gifted stage host/comedian/both serious AND funny spiritual guide, Leno, more visible here--rather than to leave this in the Comments only & not as full as what I really wanted to say so here goes...

I've never before enjoyed a banquet more than the one he hosted with such perfect and surprising spontaneous quips and then the way he led the circle of remembrances and re-dedication was the perfect way the end the NCADP conference.

Do see http://www.Magdaleno.org for a very interesting collection of items...
I Hope he'll send his favorite photos soon...

Please buy and read Leno Magdaleno's exceptionally interesting and poignant book
-Looking For My Wings-. The book is of manageable size for a weekend or a long flight or for an uninterrupted day. I read the chapters covering King right around MLK Day heading home from San Jose and the NCADP conference. Made the day come alive! The whole book is so moving, interesting and even has a recipe!

Besides an enjoyable style similar to the talent Leno has when he with surprising grace and humor "conducts" the spontaneous ins & outs of conference happenings--the book covers quickly a lot of territory for abolitionists, human rights activists and all interested in compassion.

I find -Looking For My Wings- particularly fascinating in that it compasses the 60's before I really was aware of the impact of that decade. The book also fills in plenty of details which I missed or knew little about at that time.

Finally I met Leno with a nice exchange about writing at the conference. In fact, he really gave me strong spiritual advise to continue making progress as a writer! THANKS SO MUCH, LENO!

Whether or not you know Leno, do get his book--and go to his variety blog as well:
http://www.magdaleno.org (book info there) You will soon feel that you know him by reading what he writes and values!!!

Leno, you are a gift to us all...

Connie

No comments: