Friday, June 13, 2008

Greg Wright - A plea from his wife

Photo of Connie and Greg Wright

My name is Connie Wright; I am Gregory Wright’s wife. I come to you today to convey the heartfelt gratitude that Greg & I both feel for the outpouring of support you have all shown by signing his petition in an attempt to save his life. I have responded to many in personal emails and would prefer to continue in that manner but the show of concern has been so great that I must now do so in this way.

As you all know Greg has been given an execution date of September 9th in spite of passing a polygraph examination and of being excluded from the jeans and murder weapon used to convict him by DNA testing; this has come as a great shock to us and we must now do all within our power to save his life. For this reason I come to you with the humble request for a personal letter requesting the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles grant clemency to stop this execution from taking place so that Greg has
a chance to further prove his innocence. The Board sent one of its members to interview Greg last week so things are moving quickly and my request is of a very urgent nature.

Our dear friend and supporter Peter Bellamy has done some research on how to write an effective clemency letter which I have listed below. [Please follow the link below]

Greg’s attorney has requested in the past that we forward all letters to him for submission with the clemency appeal but at this time I do not know when the appeal will be submitted so I ask that you please forward your letters to me and I will forward them on to him at the appropriate time. Greg has also requested I forward copies to him and I will be doing that as well.

I have already forwarded him a list of those who have signed the petition and I only wish I could in turn forward you all a photograph of the look on his face when he learned of this show of overwhelming support; I can’t express enough the emotion and gratitude we both feel and a simple thank you seems nowhere near enough.

For those choosing to write letters please send them to me via email so the Board will know they are genuine; for those able to scan letters with signatures please forward via email with your letter attached. All can be sent to me at clg2357@yahoo.com. You are also welcomed to send you letter via regular mail to:

Connie Wright
P.O. Box 484
Livingston, Texas 77351

With deepest respect and gratitude to you all,

Gregory & Connie Wright

Please follow this link to instructions on clemency letter!

Please find more information about Greg Wright and his case at www.freegregwright.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading this I googled Gregs website and followed the quick links to sign the petition. As soon as I write a letter to Gov. Perry, I will forward it on to you.
My thoughts are with both Greg and yourself.