Thursday, July 17, 2008

I received a present...

A friend gave me a a little stone with a quote on it and it seems to me as if this quote might be talking directly to us and I just wanted to share it with you.

I'm sure you know it as I knew this quote as well, just sometimes I think it's good to get reminded...

The quote is Hebrews 13:3 "Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

And I was thinking of Matthew 25:34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"

And this reminds me on these millions of people who on one hand believe in god very deeply and go to church every sunday and are really serious about this but on the other hand are talking about "monsters who shall rot in prison" or even "get fried"...

Now I got this stone standing on my desk and I can see the quote on it every day. Jesus promised us that the Holy Spirit will teach us all we need to know and I pray that we all manage to keep our ears open to really listen to him and our hearts unlased from all these all so human feelings like anger and revenge so he is able to work inside of us.

4 comments:

Bill said...

And all of God's people say "Amen"

Bill said...

Amen

Bill said...

Amen

CN said...

Thank you so much, Susanne, for sharing your beautiful moment of grace and faith. This sure does encourage my own faith. Amen & Amen!

Connie