Saturday, July 19, 2008

Watch CNN 7/23 & 24 "Black in America"

Did you know that companies in the US have said they would hire a white man with a felony record and no high school education BEFORE they would hire a black man with NO criminal record and a 4-year degree?

On Wednesday July 23 at 9pm and Thursday July 24 at 9pm, CNN will premier a series, 'Black in America with Soledad O'Brien' and I personally challenge you to watch it WITH your children, especially your sons, if you have any, uninterrupted. The aforemention statistic and many others will be revealed during the series.

I had the priviledge of meeting with Soledad O'Brien and actually SEEING this premier on Monday, and what I saw brought tears to my eyes and anguish, frustration! , and a sense of helplessness to my soul.

On Monday the series will focus on Women and Familes and Tuesday is dedicated entirely to the plight of the Black Man in America .

I beg and plead with you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch and internalize what you see and hear; no matter HOW disturbing the information revealed...you can (and will) thank me later.

Meredith Lopez

No comments: